Since antifa at its core is ANTI-FAscism (anti: against; fascism: a form of radical authoritarian nationalism), it’s often defined by what it’s against than what it’s for since the only requirement for being antifa is being opposed to fascism. But, in practice, antifa isn’t just against fascism, it’s for things as well. Here’s a list of some of things that many antifa folks would likely say that they support.
Do note that since antifa is a loose coalition of individuals and groups, some may not agree with all items on this list. Also note that this is not a comprehensive list.
- Caring for the most vulnerable among us
- Corporate regulation and reform
- Decreased military size and spending
- Disability justice
- Ending to rape culture
- Ending white supremacy
- Environmental justice
- Human rights for all humans
- Immigration rights
- LGBTQIA rights
- Non-militarized law enforcement and general police reform
- Prison abolition
- Reparations for native genocide and land theft
- Reparations for slavery
- Separation of church and state
- Shutting down fascism
- A social safety net
- Taxation of the rich
- Women’s rights
- Worker rights
Generally, most folks in antifa advocate compassion and empathy for their neighbors and want progressive rather than regressive policies. For all of us, not just some of us.